The 2012 Reebok CrossFit Open kicks off February 22nd. . The first workout is announced at 5pm PST. (8pm EST) We’ve posted on this a few times but still feel like we need to highlight the benefits for each member to join. We want everyone to participate no matter what your skill level is. Whether you have been doing CF for 3 years or 3 weeks we feel it is important for you to take in this experience.
1) It only costs $20. That equals two drinks at the bar… one dinner for two at QDoba… or one Massively Giant Yogurt Surprise Sundae at YoguLatte (depending on how many toppings you put on it!).
2) You can participate the whole way through! *- Unless you can’t compete the first movement of each workout you will not be DQ’ed from the competition. CF Headquarters is smart and just like everything within CF they want to make this competition all inclusive. Sure, there will be hard workouts but more advanced movements won’t be introduced til later in a WOD so you will be able to start the WOD. (*Not a guarantee but that’s how they did it last year)
3) You will set PRs! – Self Explanatary
4) More than 80% of CFNT has already completed every WOD from the 2011 Reebok CrossFit Open. – Remember in November and December, every Wendesday we did Sectional WOD 11.1,11.2, 11.3, 11.4, 11.5… of course you do because they were awesome and you were awesome!
4) The workouts will be programmed gym wide on Fridays. – This will work great for the structure of CFNT because the majority of members will be coming off a rest day and should be fresh for the Open WOD.
5) Friday Night Lights!!-– (we borrowed the lingo from CF Indy North, thanks Bryn!) — For those interested and really wanting to experience the competitive craziness that the Open brings we will be holding Heats on Friday nights. (Times Yet to be determined. ) These will be judged by CF L1 Certificate Holders and verified by Peter and myself to send in to CrossFit Headquarters.
6) You will regret not joining – I did not compete last year because I wasn’t confident or didn’t think I was “CrossFit ready.” I couldn’t tell you the number of times I’ve looked back in regret wishing I would have competed and at least attempted each workout. CrossFit is all about progressing and recording your gains. The only way to see those gains is to do the workouts as best to your ability as you can. The best way to push yourself = COMPETING!
7) Competitive Atmosphere – For those who have competed you will surely agree with me that there is nothing like competing in front of friends, family, and fellow CF’ers. You will push your body much farther than you ever imagined. The adrenaline rush is much different than just a typical class. You don’t have to count because a judge will be counting for you! (for many that’s already a positive!) You will be “No Repped” because every rep has to be held to the highest standards set by CF Headquarters. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY… It gives you the opportunity to “take your shirt off in front of a group of people with a serious pump on!” (Gentlemen that is.)
8 ) Rank yourself amongst all CrossFitters in the city, the region, the nation, and the WORLD! It’s amazing to see the improvement each year in so many athletes!
9) There will be performances during these 5 weeks that you will never forget – Ask Coach Peter how crazy things got last year when it came down to the last workout and he watched himself move from 42nd place on Sunday morning to 59th Place (in the Region), Sunday night at the conclusion of the open guaranteeing himself a spot at the 2011 Reebok CrossFit Games North Central Regional. I would rank this as his greatest athletic achievement of his life and there have been many!
10) We are a TEAM, a COMMUNITY, and need your SUPPORT! and It will be FUN!!!
COMPETITION BREAK DOWN – The top 60 Males and Females from each Region moves on to the Central East Regional which will be held May 11th-13th. – The top 30 Teams from each Region will also advance to the Central East Regional which will be held May 11th-13th. Our TEAM CFNT will have one team and every member of the gym who signs up will be a part of this team. When you sign up and register, just choose CrossFit NapTown as your affiliate and then you will be added to our team. The top 3 Males and Females from CFNT will have the option in choosing whether to go to Regionals as an individual or as a team (if you are in the top 60). From that point on, we will take the athlete/member who finishes the highest for either gender and continue down the list of members on our team until we have 3 Males and 3 Females. (If this is confusing, don’t worry… It will all make sense once the open starts and people start being placed.)